Monday, September 18, 2006

Wow . . .

I've only really been advertising this blog for about 3 days and I've already had more than 80 unique hits. I'm rather surprised. Thanks everyone.

I have had a couple of people ask me why it is that I am paying money to advertise this blog on Google when it does not appear that there's really any upside for me on this. It's a good question and I don't blame people for asking. I guess I should give a little bit of history as to how I got into this and why I am doing the blog.

Like most people, I'm always on the lookout for a way to make money while still being able to enjoy the quality of life that I want. For some that quality of life is to get rich. For me, at 39 years old, it's really to spend as much time with my wife and 15 month old son as possible. I've "invested" in a lot of the online things in hopes I'd find something. I'm a techy geek by experience but I also think I'm part cat. I am too curious and have to find out what everyone is selling. I'm not out to make millions - just out to be able to spend time with the people that matter to me. Unfortunately there are still bills to pay.

Anyway, I spent a few bucks here and there on things that basically teach how to do affiliate marketing. Now don't get me wrong, affiliate marketing is not a bad way to go - but they were all basically saying the same thing and honestly, that is "create a niche market". So what they're saying is find something that is needed and wanted and yet unique. Well guess what? That's how the marketplace has worked for thousands of years. Nothing new there.

I then saw this advertisement for the Mazu Business Pack and spent the $300 on it. I'm not even going to put a link here because other than the sports arbitrage package that it talks about, it's not worth the money when the information is free.

I looked into the arbitrage thing and got really intrigued. Only problem was I really could not tap into anyone else's experience and it got a bit frustrating. I also felt like no one was presenting a REALISTIC viewpoint of the product - or setting anyone's expectations to be realistic. Even the website for SurebetPro is full of a lot of hype. Now I understand that in the competitive online marketplace we have today, there has to be that marketing hype, but I also think that most people don't care for it and get turned off by it. The people that DO buy it set their expectations too high and then end up being disappointed.

It was the frustration from all of this that caused me to put up this blog. My hope is that through my mistakes and learning, others will learn too. Those of you that are brave enough to delve into the world of online sports trading might save a buck or two, and heck, you might even contact me and share a thing or two that you've learned.

Now, before you all start thinking that I'm either full of crap or a saint, the truth is that I believe in this product. And I hope that after you read my blog, should you decide to go into this profession, you contact me and let me know. Furthermore, if you decide this is something you want to do, I hope you will click on the link for SurebetPro as I do make a little bit of money for each person that signs up. The money truly is a secondary motivation for having this site - but it doesn't hurt.

Thanks again for visiting and have a great day!

-marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home